BREAKFAST IS A STARTING POINT OF YOUR DAY…..
Breakfast is the first meal of the day after an overnight fast. Starting the day with a nutritious breakfast is a simple way to make a difference to your overall well-being as well as your ability to function well over the day.
Research shows that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Still the phenomenon of skipping breakfast has been documented by several studies across the globe. In India skipping breakfast and nutritional inadequacy of the breakfast meal has been reported in urban cities, because of improper life style.
BREAKFAST FUELS YOUR EMPTY TANK
Breakfast is most important meal to refuel our bodies, especially our brains, after the overnight fast 8-10 hours where in without food our energy reserves are low.
It must first provide readily –available energy to allow coping with the morning activities and those of the day and get the metabolism running.
BREAKFAST BOOST MENTAL PERFORMANCE
- Research has shown that skipping breakfast may reduce early morning tasks, leading to lower rates of intellectual performance increased errors and slower memory recall.
- In children, adequate breakfast is associated with improved memory performance, attention ability in problem solving and better comprehension during reading and listening.
- The effect of breakfast consumption on performance is found to be comparatively more efficient not only immediately but also throughout the following hours after consumption.
- Breakfast is also found to improve performance of children on demanding mental tasks and reaction to frustration
- It may modulate brain function by at least two biological mechanisms; by providing the central nervous system with essential nutrients and modulating the efficiency of cognitive process.
BREAKFAST BOOSTS YOUR NUTRIENT INTAKE
- Breakfast cereals can give a head start on our body’s daily vitamin and mineral needs.
- Studies have shown that when essential nutrients are missed at breakfast people typically don’t compensate for that loss during the other meals
- A higher percentage of children who skip breakfast have reduced intakes of many nutrients such as vitamins A,E,C,B6,B12,folate ,calcium,phosphorus,magnesium and dietary fibre
- Breakfast eating children and adults get more fibre, calcium, vitamin A, C, riboflavin, zinc, iron in their diets-essential vitamins and minerals that help healthy growth and development.
BREAKFAST IMPROVES METABOLISM
- Breakfast consumption improves several metabolic parameters, mostly associated with cardiovascular risk and in general with overall health status.
- Regular breakfast consumption is associated with
-improved insulin sensitivity, higher glucose tolerance during the following meals, reduced circulating LDL cholesterol levels, LDL oxidation, and lower blood triglycerol concentrations.
BREAKFAST EATERS ARE HAPPIER
- Recent research has shown that regular consumption of breakfast cereal is associated with lower stress levels and better physical and mental health
- Breakfast consumption is also associated with more positive mood and calmness.
DON’T SKIP BREAKFAST TO YOUR END OF LIFE……..
-Ajith K Kodimbala